Linux is an open-source operating system useful for managing a computer’s hardware and resources, like CPU, memory, and storage. It is powerful and based on UNIX and it’s capable of running numerous kinds of hardware with heavy operating demands.
Highlighting Features of Linux
Linux features ensures a portable system for users and this operating system is capable of operating flawlessly on various hardware platforms. It is highly compatible and allows individuals to run it on any device with great efficiency. Being an open-source software, Linux is easily available to download and alter for everybody. Furthermore, it offers various essential programs that users can use to issue commands to the operating system. Linux ensures encryption capabilities and provides authentication to help a business keep its data protected. To further know about its features, one can visit the Linux Online Course. Apart from these, given below are some of the significant features of Linux.
- GUI Capabilities- This operating system offers numerous GUI capabilities for users just like Windows. In addition, in Linux, the computer graphics work the same way as they work in Windows.
- Frequent New Updates- Linux allows users to control their updates and provides the option to choose the update they require. Furthermore, updates in Linux are much more rapid than others and can be deployed easily without difficulty.
- Extremely Flexible- It offers a great deal of flexibility which is beneficial for applications and embedded systems. Moreover, Linux offers various computer-specific limitation settings that ensure that only the necessary components are installed.
- Ideal for Developers- Linux is an ideal operating system for developers as it provides support for all kinds of programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Etc. Furthermore, Linux offers various kinds of applications for development purposes.
- Lightweight Infrastructure- Linux is an extremely lightweight operating system and it boasts very less conditions in comparison to other Operating Systems. Moreover, it has less memory and storage space which makes it highly lightweight.
Some topmost uses of Linux
Linux is an open-source operating system and it is highly customizable as per the requirements of the user. This operating system is widely used for educational purposes and it offers great quality of security. Furthermore, Linux is a very reliable tool, and it’s easy to download and install. Above all, it has a huge community support which ensures that new developers can easily find solutions for problems over the internet. Many institutes provide Linux Course in Delhi and enrolling in them can help you Given below are some of the most significant uses of Linux.
- Troubleshooting Other Computers- It is also capable of troubleshooting other computers by checking the network connectivity between two nodes. Furthermore, it can help you find the causes of reboots and system shutdowns.
- Hosting Website- Numerous websites run on Linux and there are many Linux-based web hosts. Using Linux for hosting provides you complete control of everything instead of putting your data in someone else’s hands.
- Hard Drives and Partitions- With Linux, you can also double or triple-boot your systems and move the partitions around. Moreover, this OS is also useful for migrating to a solid-state drive or upgrade to a more spacious drive.
- Home Automation- It facilitates home automation and can be useful for automation like controlling the home with Siri, mounting a Google Calendar tablet, setting up a home surveillance system, streaming music, and many more.
- Running a Home Server- Linux can also be used to run home servers and all you need is a computer. You can use it to store your backups, stream movies and music, seeds torrents, and many more.
- Improving Security Skills- Linux offers a few distributions such as BackTrack or Kali which are ideal for security testing systems. Using these distributions can help you learn hacking skills and know more about your system’s security.
It provides users with a portable system that can run smoothly across a range of hardware platforms. Similar to Windows, this operating system provides users with a variety of GUI features. Linux gives consumers the ability to manage their updates and gives them the option to select the update they need. Additionally, Linux updates are far quicker to deploy than those of other operating systems. For applications and embedded systems, it provides a significant lot of freedom. In conclusion, Linux is the best operating system for developers because it supports all kinds of programming languages.